Monday, July 9, 2012

Introduction

Welcome to my first blog post.

 (Daughters back to front Andrea, Amber, Jessica and Bre and our Granddaughters --Ruby Ellis in back and Paisley & Reagan with Bre)

                                        

I am the mother of four beautiful, creative and accomplished young women and the grandmother of three absolutely gorgeous granddaughters---they call me "Nannie."


My husband Bobby and I have been married for over 23 years and we raised our four daughters in a blended family. Bobby brought our oldest daughter who was 6 yrs old into the marriage and I brought our two middle daughters who were 4 & 3 years old. Two years later I gave birth to our youngest daughter and our family was complete. None of us refer to each other as steps or halves. We are a whole family with cracks and stains.

Our daughters are all grown now ranging in ages from 30 to 21. Our oldest daughter has been married for 6 years and they are the parents of our youngest granddaughter. Our second daughter is currently divorced and a  single mom to our oldest granddaughter. Our third daughter is the mother of our second granddaughter she is also divorced but currently engaged to a man who has two daughters  of his own from his previous marriage. Then we have our fourth daughter she has never married but is dating a very wonderful young man.

I know how hard it is to raise a family especially a blended family. I know how hard it is to be a single parent (been there done that got a t-shirt). Then there is the complications of being the grandmother in this multi-family fun!!! But it is all good! It really is when we learn to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment